For social media to work you must understand why you’re doing it in the first place.
Most people stare at me blankly when I say that.
Today I’m going to share some actionable goals that give purpose to your social media marketing.
- Increase brand awareness. The average person spends nearly 2 hours a day on social media, so get their attention.
- Drive traffic to your website. You need to leverage social media to drive people to your website so you can help them along the customer journey.
- Lead generation. Social media is a great way to warm people to your accounting firm and get them on the path to choosing you as their supplier.
- Build a community. Facebook groups are great for building a community, which is important for relationship building.
- Customer service. Social media is not just for getting a sale, you can use it to nurture your clients and deliver excellent customer service. Being available on social media means you are present where they spend most of their time.
- Attract PR Opportunities. If you want to be noticed by the press and influencers then you need to be visible.
Why are you on social media – are you clear and have you set goals?