“2017 is the year of the video” you will hear marketers cry from the rooftops.
You will see video being used to promote a business, broaden reach and attract more prospects. Video is a powerful tool to get listed high up in the rankings of Google and other search engines.
In fact, the statistics that promote a case for using video to market your accounting firm are stacked high and are strong:
- Businesses that use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (VidYard)
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia).
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day (TubularInsights).
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others. (Invodo)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Brightcove)
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (hubspot).
However video is also considered the hardest content to produce.
After working with hundreds of businesses over the past few years video is still the hardest strategy to get people to adopt. No matter how much you learn about the “why” and the “how” of doing video, taking the leap rarely happens.
This lack of action in undertaking video as a marketing strategy boils down to a number of factors. It can include a perceived lack of time, confidence in getting in front of the camera and also not being sure what to say.
But when you have some ideas on what to say, then your confidence naturally grows and you may just make the time. Which is why I wrote this piece for you today. Here are ideas to spark your video creativity:
Video To Attract Prospects
As I have mentioned many times in my articles, all content you create needs to keep in mind the buyers journey and where they are in the marketing funnel.
The amount of content that you create for the attract stage of your marketing will be 10x what you create for the other stages.
The reason for this is because you need to have plenty of content for the prospects to consume so that they can start to build the relationship with you. You also need to position yourself in the prospects mind as the top of your game and “expert” at what you do.
Here is the image for the buyers journey. There are 3 different stages that your video marketing needs to take the viewer through, written in orange in the image:
During the awareness stage your prospect is researching for information to help them overcome a fear or frustration that they have. They are doing educational research to clearly understand what they are going through and to help them understand their problem further. They are looking for a “name” to their problem.
Example of awareness stage videos include:
Education – These are videos that you will host on YouTube and other social media sites. They can be found via search and social and the content is purely educational.
Awareness – These are videos that are created to go viral or are ad campaigns that are there to achieve massive brand awareness. Think Dollar Shave Club. I am sure you remember that video. Massive awareness was created. These videos probably won’t live on your website, they will be on YouTube.
Guru – A Guru video is there to position you as a thought leader in your industry. These videos can be recording of any events you have spoken at, or a lecture or a video specifically there to share your insights into an industry.
During the consideration stage the prospect is researching and trying to understand more about their named problem or opportunity. They are committed to understanding their options and methods to overcome what they are needing to overcome.
Examples of consideration stage videos include:
Webinars/Presentations – Webinars are a great way to educate your prospect that you are the solution to their problem. The aim of a webinar is to “stretch the gap” to highlight their problems, but also give enough information away that you provide value. A webinar done well can provide an impressive conversion rate.
How-To Videos – Since buyers at this stage are still researching you need to create some videos that explain to them “how-to” sort through the questions they have and the possible solutions to their problems. During a “how-to” video you will increase trust and have the opportunity to show your expertise.
This is where the prospect has decided on the solution to their problem and is compiling a list of vendors who can help.
Examples of decision stage videos include:
About Us – These videos give you the chance to build trust with your audience and potential buyers by showing what you stand for.
Product/Service Videos – An “about your service” video should show how you are different than the other options out there. These videos are not dissimilar from your standard pitch of: Name, Problem, Solution, Experience and Vision of what you are trying to achieve.
Case Studies/Testimonials – Often prospects will feel better buying from you if they can see clearly the results you have achieved for others. Case Studies and testimonials are a support for your company when trying to “close a hot lead”.
What Does Video Do In The Buyers Journey?
- Increase the SEO potential of your educational video content. Google loves video, and it will be ranked higher up the search engines than the written content you have.
- Video increases engagement. I ran a survey in our Facebook group The Freedom Tribe a while back asking the group members how they like to consume content. You can see in the image below, video was the most popular out of the 4 options of Audio, Written, Video or Images (Infographic).
- Track what is interesting to prospects as you can see how much they are watching, if it holds their attention, and if it is nurturing prospects.
- Gives the prospect an opportunity to really connect with you/the people in your company. This in turn makes the decision stage easier, and makes closing the sale seamless.
- Video also enables you to create a strong brand online. When you have created video with a consistent look to it, have remembered to include your logo, have an intro and outro that is reassuringly repetitive, you will elevate your brand. Get it really right and you will have prospects whistling your theme tune after they have consumed your information.
There are so many factors pointing in the direction of doing video that if you fail to embrace it you will struggle to stand out from the crowd.
Your lack of confidence and failure to plan out your videos to match your buyers on their journey, will stop you from having the video success so many rave about. And if you are still unsure whether you should make the leap, the survey said YES. Now is your time to use video in the buyer’s journey.
To download our ebook and get a list of 100 marketing ideas for your accounting practice click here for the 100 Ways To Market Your Accounting Firm
What do we do at TwentyTwo?
At TwentyTwo Agency we specialise in helping you create a strategy, attract ideal prospects, convert them into clients and get remembered and referred. Our specialities include content marketing, blog writing, email newsletter management and social media management. We are a content marketing and digital experience agency for accounting firms. We ensure you get remembered, recommended and referred.
To find out if we can help you, reach out to our team by emailing [email protected]